Wednesday, April 16, 2014

#WorldsToughestJob

In the midst of last night's scramble to find resources for lessons this week, I happen to come across an amazingly touching video. 

During a "Facebook Break", I saw that this video called #WorldsToughestJob was being shared by a couple of friends. My interest was immediately hooked. I opened up the link to the video and there was a short description about how a company had placed an advertisement in newspapers in order to fill a position. The catch was that the job was a farce. The job was described in the video as the world's most important and toughest job. Unlimited hours. No breaks! A number of people had put in applications and were actually interviewed for this position. This is the video compilation of those interviews. 

Please watch the video before reading on... This will prevent spoiler alerts :)


Don't worry... I will give you a minute to collect yourself...


Feel free to go get a tissue if you need one...


Well... Was it just me or did you too feel the overwhelming need to just cry and hug someone?

This advertisement... this commercial, was without a doubt one of the most single inspiring videos that I have seen in a while. It leads us to believe that it is just going to be an entertaining joke at the expense of those interviewing for a job that doesn't exist. Meanwhile, we wait for one of the individuals to freak out, but we start to hear the soft melody of a piano playing in the background. It was only then did I realize that this video was about to be so much more than just a joke. This short four minute video in its final minute floods us all with emotion and memories we have about our mothers. The video allowed us to literally feel and share the emotions of what the interviewers were showing in its final minute. We in that minute are all connected. The amazing thing is... we are still connected by the billions of moms out there that give up and sacrifice so much for each one of us every single day. Even for those who may not of had a mother, I am sure that those feelings and memories flowed toward someone who took on that role in their life. Grandmother, aunt, sister, or maybe even a male figure like a father. We all have someone to be grateful for and we all have someone to thank.

The video says at the end, "This Mother's Day, you might want to make her a card."

Don't wait until Mother's Day... Let them know today...


To my Mom:

Words cannot even describe how thankful I am to call you, "My Mom." You are always there when I need you. You were there for all of my games yelling at me to smile and have fun before every pitch. You were there when I got my hand stuck in the VCR (though Grandpa helped too!). You were there when I got the doorknob stuck on my finger. You were there to hug me after every football game. You were there to support me during my first heartbreak. You were there when I needed to call you everyday at college because you were the comforting voice I needed to get through the day. You were there at my wedding. You were there at the birth of my daughter. Even though I don't come calling as much as I used to, you are still here... For that I am so ever grateful. I love you mom.


To my Wife:

I am so blessed to have such a selfless and loving person in my life. It seemed like fate for us to meet the way we did. Never in my dreams could I have imagined finding such person that has helped guide my faith when I was lost, give me confidence when I had none, and, ultimately, helped give me a purpose. The greatest purpose you have given me is that of a father. I would not be the father I am today or the one I strive to be tomorrow without you as my wife and as our daughter's mother. If our family is an arch and God is our foundation, you, my wife, are the keystone. The stone that allows Quinn and I to stand strong by your side. The stone that holds the our family together. I love you Jenna more than I can even express.


To my Mom and Wife: 

I love you both dearly and I am so grateful that you both have been, still are, and will continue to be amazing...











No comments:

Post a Comment